Project Engineer job at Tetra Tech International July, 2022 | Nafasi za kazi Tetra Tech International
Project Engineer job at Tetra Tech International popular search:- project engineer salary, project engineer job description, project engineer job description oil and gas, construction project engineer job description, senior project engineer job description, project engineer duties and responsibilities pdf, project engineer job description resume, entry level project engineer job description
The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) Activity funded by USAID/Tanzania and implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified candidates to fill Project Engineer post based in Njombe. The purpose of Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) Activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by increasing access to sustainable water services: Increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; Strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and Strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources.
Tetra Tech seeks experienced candidates for Project Engineer in Njombe: (1 POST)
The Project Engineer will be an integral part of a multi-person component team of a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (WSSAs). The Project Engineer will work underthe Lead Engineerto support RUWASA and WSSAs to implement water supply and sanitation projects and be responsible for design and construction management for infrastructure procured by USAID. The position supports strengthening of O&M practices and capacity building. The position is responsible for all infrastructure design and construction management and QA/QC, and related institutional capacity building, and will be based in Njombe town with travel to activity districts in Rukwa, Njombe, Iringa, and Morogoro regions.
Also check: tetra tech jobs africa, tetra tech international development, tetra tech environmental, tetra tech login, tetra tech glassdoor, tetra tech address, tetra tech internships, tetra tech london
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- In collaboration with Organizational Performance Improvement specialist, supports RUWASA’s institutional, operational, administrative, and management capacity.
- In collaboration with Lead Engineer supports RUWASA’s improve its capacity to monitor water services at district, regional and national levels.
- Support capacity development efforts to implement innovative operations and maintenance models, such as PPPs, to professionalize rural and urban water service delivery.
- Supports CBWSOs and WSSAs to improve their performance, financial viability, and operational capacities.
- Participate and provide support to RUWASA in project scoping and selection
- Provide Support to RUWASA during design, construction and management of targeted rural/ urban water supply and sanitation infrastructure
- Supports RUWASA regional and district offices during implementation of water supply and sanitation projects
- Guides strengthening of O&M practices and capacity building and oversee site-based SEAP/ Intern engineers
- In collaboration with Lead Engineer supports capacity development efforts to implement innovative operations and maintenance models, such as PPPs, to professionalize rural and urban water service delivery.
- In collaboration with Organizational Performance Improvement specialist support RUWASA to conduct a routine and special performance assessment of CBWSOs and WSSAs to establish the capacity to deliver quality and sustainable services within the policy and legal requirements
- In collaboration with OPI specialist support CBWSOs and WSSAs under MUM activity to improve their billing and revenue collection efficiencies
- Maintain a continuous interactive exchange of information with the WASH Services Lead, Water Infrastructure Manager, and other MUM team members
- At implementation stage the Project Engineer will provide on-site oversight of contractors and interns for compliance with quality standards
- Provide support on timely technical reporting from contractors; advise where needed to improve content of reports
- Support preparation of contracts and purchase orders; review invoices submitted by contractors prior to final execution by the Procurement Officer
- Support to provide timely updates on project progress
- Support RUWASA engineers to monitor environmental issues to ensure MUM follows the MUM Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP), and best practices on environmental health and safety.
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis and support to provide useful reports on compliance to quality standards for field work.
- Support RUWASA on inspection, verification, and confirmation for work in progress and for completed projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years in relevant field or 8 years’ experience of relevant work.
- Registered Professional Engineer
EDUCATION: Degree in civil engineering/environmental engineering or similar.
- Experience working in the water sector especially in rural and urban water supply in Tanzania
- Experience directly involved in or supporting implementation of water delivery infrastructure, including hydraulic design, development of tender documents (plans, bills of quantities, and technical specifications), and construction management within the Tanzanian WASH sectors.
- Experience in contract management and overseeing contractors on-site.
- Experience in supporting detailed work planning and reporting (preferred).
- Experience working with RUWASA, local government and communities to construct water supply schemes (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in related institutional capacity building (preferred).
- Conversant in using various water supply design software and systems such as Excel, EPANET, AutoCAD, QGIS.
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
- Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Previous employees of Tetra Tech with a retrenchment date within two years of the application deadline will be prioritized, per section 25(1 Xa) of the code of Good Practice (Employment and Labour Relations).
To apply through [email protected] with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted
about this position. Deadline for submission of applications is August 12,2022
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about Project Engineer job at Tetra Tech International July, 2022 The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words. You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs
Tetra Tech International Offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this positions.