IT and Asset Management Officer job at Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs July, 2022
IT and Asset Management Officer job at Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs July, 2022 Popular search:- it officer job salary, it officer job requirements, it officer job description pdf, it officer job description in bank, it officer job interview questions and answers, senior it officer job description, information technology officer job description
Job Position : IT and Asset Management Officer
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting Line : Director of Finance and Administration
Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs (Referred as ‘CCP’) is an American NGO registered to operate in Tanzania as an Organization limited by guarantee and is domiciled in Tanzania. On 22nd January 2008, the Organization was issued a Certificate of Compliance No 1982 as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), having met the requirement of the NGO status.
Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs is seeking for an IT and Asset Management Officer who will be responsible for ensuring reliable IT services and asset management for the organization. S/he will be responsible for managing the hardware, Software, Data security, network Telecommunication, and IT-related functions. The incumbent will work for the CCP’s current projects(i.e., USAID Tanzania Vector Control Activity, Breakthrough Action Tanzania, and Advanced Family Planning) to ensure that IT services are adequately rendered to the team.
Also check:- asset management officer job description, asset management officer salary, asset manager job description pdf, asset management roles and responsibilities resume, asset management roles and responsibilities matrix, inventory and asset management job description, asset manager job description real estate
Key Responsibilities Information Technology
- Provide support to Desktop Publishing Services (DTP), specifically users of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash
- Setup and maintain a file server
- Setup email accounts for new staff, provide orientation, and perform email troubleshooting
- Maintain groups lists and ensure people are included and removed as appropriate and timely
- Backing up project files and closing email accounts when staff terminate
- Perform a routine backup of individual and networked drives not less than monthly and draft and adhere to disaster recovery protocols
- Ensure all computing devices are equipped with antivirus software and are password protected
- Prioritize, schedule, and respond to a variety of IT help requests from staff either in-person or via phone or email in a prompt and courteous manner
- Document and manage help requests electronically, which may include the use of help ticket tracking or other IT support software, either in-house or cloud-based
- Ensure specific care and maintenance of certain IT equipment and assets as needed (e.g., calm and secure environments, the use of racks, etc.)
- Provide support for common features of CCP’s standard suite of software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, QuickBooks, and SPSS
- Work across multiple operating system environments like Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Establish and maintain file and mail servers either in-house or external
- Orient and train staff on correct and appropriate uses and features of hardware and software issued routinely and as needed
- Install and maintain IT peripherals and equipment
- Identify gaps in the office’s IT infrastructure and suggest ways to address the gaps timely
- Stay abreast and inform staff of IT security breaches, scams, viruses, etc. on a routine and as-needed basis
- Update hardware, software, IT peripherals, and equipment as needed
- Determine office internet needs and work with service providers to set up, maintain, and repair internet connections routinely and as needed
- Draft SOWs for external IT firms to provide essential general IT service support and arrange for onsite support when the IT Officer is unavailable
- Prepare meeting spaces with IT and multimedia equipment
- Manage IT asset control, assignment, and movement; maintain an updated and accurate asset register and room lists and ensure that all assets are adequately labeled. Their whereabouts are regularly verified.
- Ensure all office equipment is operating and well-maintained, including LAN and telephone systems.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments, including data security and network access, and ensure that backup systems are intact.
Asset and Office inventory management
- Maintain proper records of Assets and inventory update disposal Plan as necessary.
- Maintain JHU Property log in terms of Assets and inventory and quarterly provision of Property Log reports.
- Develop an Asset and inventory disposition plan for implementation.
- Develop Assets Replacement Plan
- Review office and asset register monthly to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Telecommunication, or any related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Working experience of A years in a not-for-profit organization preferably funded by USG
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this vacancy and possess minimum requirements, please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating how best you fit to this position to the email address [email protected]
Be sure to indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject line.
The Deadline for Application Submission is 5th August 2022 at 5:00 PM
you may read: johns hopkins center for communication programs jobs, executive director johns hopkins center for communication programs, johns hopkins center for talented youth, johns hopkins communications, john hopkins research jobs, johns hopkins entertainment education
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about IT and Asset Management Officer job at Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs July, 2022 The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words. You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs
Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs Offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this positions.