Extension Officer job at Njombe Out growers Services Company Ltd (NOSC) July, 2022
Extension Officer job, EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Njombe Out growers Services Company Ltd (NOSC) is a company incorporated in November 2014 with the sole purpose of improving the livelihoods of the smallholder tea farmers in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. NOSC offers a range of support services to the farmers including the provision of essential inputs such as fertilizer, herbicides and seedlings, agronomy support, green leaf transport and logistics, green leaf plucking services and technical advisory services to farmers . NOSC’s target is to develop 2500 Ha of smallholder tea targeting 2,500 smallholder farmers that will supply a smallholder tea factory.
NOSC is seeking to recruit a qualified, detail oriented and self-motivated individual to take up the role of Extension Officer. Based in Njombe and reporting to the Operations Manager, the role shall have the following key responsibilities:
Role Purpose Statement/Key Objective
To provide tea extension services to farmers within the designated tea growing areas. This will include training farmers on good agronomy practices for purposes of increasing tea production and improving quality for better revenues.
Main Responsibilities/Key Accountabilities
- Recruit out growers/farmers and ensure interested farmers are accurately registered.
- Conduct sensitization meetings with farmers and utilize the session to provide critical information regarding the program as and when required.
- Train and provide technical advice on tea agronomy aspects and best practices to farmers in their respective tea growing areas e.g. on planting, aftercare maintenance, fertilizer applications, plucking of quality leaves, disease and pest control.
- Supervise plucking standards of the assigned farms to ensure yield of tea and quality meet the required levels as laid down by the General Manager.
- Prepare and submit to the Operations Manager accurate reports on yield and leaf quality against allocated KPI’s.
- To supervise in collaboration with logistics workers, the weighing and correct recording of Green leaf delivered by farmers.
- Ensure that the plucked Green leaf are timely delivered to/collected from collection points.
- Act as the liaison between the farmers and the company and escalate to the operations Manager any arising problems/complaints related to Tea growing.
- Conducting field visits to collect and compile pre-season information regarding demands for inputs from farmers in his/her mandate area
- Assist the Operations Manager with the supervision of distribution of inputs to farmers and their application as per the number of verified bushes.
- Participate in mother bush selection and preparation of cuttings.
- Assist farmers with new tea planting and infilling as well as aftercare maintenance so as to achieve targets as may be agreed upon on an annual basis.
- Assist smallholders farmers comply with Rain Forest Alliance Certification principles and criteria.
- Prepare and present field reports as may be required.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Operation Manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma in Agriculture, Agronomy, Horticulture, or other related agricultural studies.
- At least two years’ experience in the relevant field e.g. providing Tea extension services.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak Kiswahili. English is an added advantage.
- Good organization skills with the ability to complete assigned tasks within set deadlines.
- Results oriented.
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed CV with copies of relevant testimonials (certificates) to:
Njombe Outgrowers Services Company Limited,
Nazareth Street Plot 171, Block T P. 0. Box 252, Njombe,
Email Applications: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting applications is close of business on 22 July 2o22
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about Extension Officer job at Njombe Out growers Services Company Ltd
The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words.
You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs