90+ Agriculture Officer Jobs At Ministry of Agriculture July 2022 | Nafasi za Kazi za Maafisa Kilimo Wizara ya Kilimo
Agriculture Officer Jobs, The Ministry of Agriculture is a ministry of the Government of Tanzania. he ministry was formed following the split of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries in October 2017 to improve efficiency, with the livestock and fisheries roles being created into the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries.
Employer: Wizara ya Kilimo | Ministry of Agriculture Tanzania
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2022-07-23 2022-08-05
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i.To promote opportunities available in investments, service delivery and practices in irrigation and drainage development;
ii.To facilitate establishment and strengthening of Irrigators’ Organization;
iii.To provide and disseminate guidelines for management of Irrigators’ Organization;
iv.To promote good agronomic and water management practices in irrigated agriculture;
v.To facilitate establishment of effective irrigation scheme management models for small, medium and large-scale irrigation schemes;
vi.To promote diversification and intensification of irrigated crops;
vii.To facilitate irrigation farmers on integrated approach in accessing services from mechanization, supply of agricultural inputs and extension services for enhanced crop production and productivity;
viii.To facilitate irrigators on access to appropriate technologies for value addition to crop harvested for bettor markets to realize increased profitability;
ix.To provide for preparation of policies and strategies on irrigation and drainage development; and
x.To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Agricultural Officer Grade II Job Vacancies at Wizara ya Kilimo ( 100 Posts)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Agriculture Extension, Agronomy, and Agribusiness from Institution/University recognized by the Government.
About Ministry of Agriculture | nafasi za kazi wizara ya kilimo
The vision of the Ministry of Agriculture Client Service charter is stipulated in the following statement:
Nucleus for providing policy guidance and services to a modernized, commercialized, competitive and effective agriculture and cooperative systems by 2025
To deliver quality agricultural and cooperative services, provide conducive environment to stakeholders, build capacity of local Government Authorities and facilitate the private sector to contribute effectively to sustainable agricultural production, productivity and cooperative development, The MoA will this by:
- Formulating, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant policies in the agricultural sector and monitoring crop regulating institution;
- Collaboration with the private sector, local government and other service providers to provide relevant technical service in research, extension, irrigation, plant protection, crop promotion, land use, mechanization, agricultural inputs, information services and cooperative development;
- Undertaking crop monitoring and early warning, maintaining strategic food reserves and promoting appropriate post harvest technologies, and
- Encouraging, undertaking and coordinating research and development and training.
In order to fulfill the mission, MoA should achieve the following:
- HIV/AIDS infections to MoA staff reduced by 2010
- Sustainable food availability and supply at household level ensured by 2010.
- Levels of agricultural production, productivity and quality raised by 2010
- Development, promotion and use of appropriate agricultural technologies increased by 2010.
- Integrated and sustainable use and management of natural resources to conserve the environment in agricultural undertakings promoted by 2010
- Capacity of LGAs to deliver quality agricultural services improved by 2010.
- Private sector participation in agriculture increased by 2010
- Capacity of MoA to carry out its operations efficiently and effectively enhanced by 2010
- Crosscutting issues internalized and linkages between agriculture and other sectors of rural development promoted by 2010
- Financial position and performance of cooperative societies improved by 2010
- Clear policies, strategies, legislation and regulatory framework for MoA activities developed by 2010.
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about Jobs Vacancies at Ministry of Agriculture | Wizara ya Kilimo
The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words.
You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs