Notice to Loan applicants from Higher Education Student Loans Board (HESLB) 2022
Notice to Loan applicants from Higher Education Student Loans Board (HESLB) 2022, The Higher Education Student Loans Board expects to provide loans worth TZS 570 Billion for the academic year 2022/2023. Presenting the Revenue and Expenditure Budget Estimates for the year 2022/2023, the Minister of Education, Science and Technology, Prof. Adolf Mkenda (MP) said the Government through will continue HESLB will continue to coordinate applications, analysis and lending to qualified students and criteria.HESLB,www.heslb.go.tz,heslb.go.tz
“The government has continued to seek various sources of funding for higher education in the country with the aim of increasing access to higher education to meet the needs of the growing demand for loans for higher education students” said Prof. Mkenda.
In addition Prof. Mkenda said HESLB hopes to strengthen the use of ICT in 19 institutions of higher learning in teaching, learning and management with the aim of strengthening the environment for the provision of education at that level | HESLB 570 Billion To Be Loaned for the academic year 2022/2023.
Planning for Upcomming Academic Year
Continue to Increase Opportunity and Quality of Education, in increasing the opportunities for access to Higher Education in the country, the Government will implement the following :
- will arrange for the enrollment of 133,000 students of the yearfirst expected to apply for admission to Colleges of Higher Education for the purpose of joining the program various subjects at the Diploma level, Bachelor’s Degree and Masters Bachelor’s Degree
- Similarly, it will establish a program of additional opportunities for women by increasing student enrollment of female in science programs (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
- will coordinate the 17th Higher Education Fair in the country for aimed at educating the public about colleges and various programs offered;
- will coordinate the application, analysis and disbursement of loans to 205,893 students in Higher Education Institutions. In addition,
- will conduct an audit of 8,000 employers with a view to identifying them about 30,000 new beneficiaries to facilitate collection of Shs. 241,419,005,000.00 due and mature loans from Shs. 201,319,005,000.00 for the financial year 2021/22;
- will revise the lending guidelines for the purpose of improve lending to beneficiaries
- will continue to strengthen the use of ICT in 19 institutions of higher learning in teaching, learning
and management with a view to strengthening the environment provision of education at that level
NMB Bank to start lending to higher education students
Scholarship And award for upcomming Academic year
ministries, in capacity building staff performance in Higher Education Institutions in the country,
The government will continue to provide funding for 1,401 Professionals to attend 500 short and 836 long term courses. In addition, the Government will provide scholarships for 65 students with distinguished achievements in science subjects in particular female students who have passed the Form six national examinations
and Bachelor’s Degree.
Government will continue to improve the use of ICT in the provision of credit services to beneficiaries through the Higher Education Student Loan Board by implementing the following:
- will integrate the Laon’s Board’s IT systems with stakeholders of strategically aimed at facilitating the exchange of credit issuance and repayment reports; and
- will continue to enroll students who have benefited from the loans in the electronic payment system (DIDiS) for aimed at enabling beneficiaries to obtain loans in timely and facilitate the monitoring of issued loans.
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
- Optimal lending and collections of loans
- Re-engineering of business processes
- Strategic Partnering
- Accountability – We feel obliged to pursue excellence
- Commitment and Integrity – We are focused on serving with integrity
- Teamwork – We collaborate to achieve common goals
- Equity – We value inclusiveness, fairness and justice
- Delivery – We strive to provide high quality services
The post HESLB 570 Billion To Be Loaned for the academic year 2022/2023.
Get information related to heslb login, heslb loan statement, heslb news, heslb login continuous, sipa heslb login, heslb online application, heslb appeal, www heslb go tz 2022/2023