Jobs Opportunities at PwC Careers Africa, Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. By listening to you and understanding your vision, we can help you overcome the challenges you face. Whether you are a large global organisation, a government body or a family-owned private business, we have the experience and expertise to help you.
Our expertise is backed up by a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Our strong global network enables us to collaborate across the world. We combine this knowledge and expertise with our in-depth understanding of African operating environments to offer our clients tailored advice and services. By tapping into our global network, we can connect you with the right people at the right time. So whether you are looking to keep track of the numbers, make tax simple or need help adapting to changing operating environments, we can assist.
PwC has a presence in 34 Africa countries with an office footprint covering 66 offices. With a single Africa leadership team and more than 400 partners and 9000 professionals across Africa, we serve some of the continent’s largest businesses across all industries.
Job Description & Summary
Bring your experiences. Grow your skills. Make your mark. Our community of solvers is ready to apply your expertise in new and unexpected ways. You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered and purpose-driven. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. PwC is a network of firms in 156 countries with over 295,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. PwC Tanzania invites applications from qualified candidates for Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) / Expert for Health Products.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Procurement and Supply Management Professional, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Professional experience for Jobs Opportunities at PwC Careers Africa
A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with:
- Experience/expertise in assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for AIDS, TB and malaria
- Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process
- Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems
- Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs
- A good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards
- Proven project and program management expertise gained in implementing change and leading Supply Chain techniques in similar situations
- Proven success working in complex multi-stakeholder environments, requiring decision making abilities with limited information available and under tight deadlines
- Good writing and analytical skills
A Graduate Degree (MSc. equivalent) in Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine or other related discipline
- Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM) of health products, logistics and/or public health
- Several years of experience of both the public and private sectors
- Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical Sector and understanding of pharmaceutical Supply Chains in developing countries
- Knowledge and experience of public health with relationships with some Global Fund high impact countries
- Membership of a recognized professional organization
Must have good written and spoken English and Swahili languages
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date May 15, 2022